Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My ears can FTFO!!!

While I realize I've had a lifetime thus far of being subject to recurrent ear infections, I do admit it has been awhile since I've had one that has kept me up all night crying. So, with a ruptured left eardrum that has left me deaf in that ear (pray its only temporary), my right one started throbbing early this morning and doc says its likely to rupture as well. So. How do I go about being a deaf therapist? While this could be a positive with my weekend work, the M-F job is going to prove a bit difficult. I suck at lip reading.

Smile and nod, boys. Smile and nod....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hon...take anti-inflammatory drugs (aleve, ibuprofen, etc) and decongestants (including Benedryl, if you can't take Sudafed) to take the swelling down, and use a heat pad on your ears. Drink carbonated beverages if it includes swollen, infected tonsils, and hot tea/cocoa/coffee if it doesn't.

    Above all, find a doctor that knows what to do with them. Yours, obviously, doesn't.

    I've had ear infections before, know how much they hurt, and know how miserable they make you with dizziness besides. I've got you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete